Saturday, February 27, 2010

Perspective

I have trouble with expectations, wanting a certain outcome and being really frustrated when things don't go as planned. I know I can't control certain things, like the weather and other people. I knew before we left for Florida that the forecast was not ideal. The temperature is well below normal. Today it also rained. So we were cold and wet, and there was nothing I could do about it.
So we bought sweatshirts and gloves (our jackets alone weren't enough today) and spent the day at Disney Hollywood which has more attractions that are indoors or at least covered. A lot of other vacationers had the same idea! I was seriously disappointed because we also couldn't find a Starbucks, so no chai! The kids, however, totally rallied. They didn't complain about the cold, they skipped and ran through the rain, and Zee happily jabbered her way through several shows.
In short, we ended up having a nice time in spite of the nasty conditions. Sometimes it takes the perspective of a child, still present in the joy of vacation (and new stuffed animals), to bring me back into the moment. That can still be hard to recognize with no Starbucks in site. I may have a serious problem here ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment