Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Birthdays

Today is my birthday! I'm not sure why, but I feel weird saying that out loud, like I'm expecting people to make much of me. Luckily, Facebook posts your birth date, so all of your "friends" can see it. So I was wished a happy birthday by about 70 people. I can't tell you how fantastic that makes me feel! I was also wished happy birthday by the front desk people at the massage spa, and received at least 10 birthday coupons to various stores or websites. I intend to use every one of them....
I used my morning to think about what I'd like to accomplish this year. Birthdays are a beginning of sorts, so it seems like the perfect time to take stock and set some goals. I am trying to solidify my ideas into an actual plan for the upcoming year. I fear change, so this has been very scary for me! My main goals are: I plan to complete my yoga teacher training and start teaching classes. Somewhere. Don't nail me down on details right now. I plan to take Lifeforce Yoga for Depression training this summer and begin to shift my clinical practice toward more therapy and yoga and less medication. I plan to trim back my work hours and have more time for my family. All super positive things, and all in the works.
I also started my morning by expecting to have a great year. I believe setting intentions helps guide us in our choices so we keep focused on our goals. I am planning some fairly radical changes this year, and am trusting that the universe is on my side. There is a full moon, and it's my birthday. I think all my wishes should come true!

1 comment:

  1. Happy Birthday! It sounds like you've got a great year ahead of you and a great attitude to move toward positive goals.

    ReplyDelete